- February 15, 2017
- Posted by: adm
- Category: AmCham News
Azzedine Kettani received by Nicole Theriot, U.S. Consul General at Villa Mirador
Azzedine Kettani is the founder of Kettani Law Firm (KLF), a major Moroccan business law firm founded in 1971. He was joined in 1992 by Nadia Kettani, who is the head of the International Consulting Department while supervising some areas of the Litigation Department; and Rita Kettani in 1993, who is the head of the Commercial Department, the Litigation Department and the Labor Law Department. KLF currently has over 120 employees, of which 50 are attorneys and legal consultants.
The firm’s clientele includes local and foreign banks and other financial institutions, international businesses, major public and private companies and government departments.
KLF covers the whole spectrum of its clients’ financial and business activities, and advises on all aspects of their operations. The firm regularly advises foreign investors on the structure of investment in Morocco, sets up commercial companies, drafts all types of commercial contracts needed and advises all aspects of foreign companies’ activities, including restructurings, acquisitions, takeover bids, public offers of exchange, stock exchange listings and other equity transactions during the entire investment process.
Areas of particular expertise include stock exchange law, aviation law, telecommunications regulations, energy, tourism, labor law, intellectual property, audits and IPOs as well as privatization processes.
Additionally, the firm has a great deal of experience in arbitration and litigation as well as handling all forms of commercial disputes.
KLF has been awarded several awards including:
- Arbitration Lawyer of the Year (by LEGAL AWARDS)
- Corporate and commercial lawyer of the Year in Morocco (ACQ Global Awards)
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Morocco (ACQ Global Awards)
- M&A Law Firm of the Year in Morocco (ACQ Global Awards)
- Corporate & Commercial Lawyer of the Year Kettani Law Firm
- ACQ Global Awards 2014
- 200 femmes arabes les plus influentes – 2014: entreprises familiales – Forbes
- Trois Marocaines parmi les femmes arabes les plus puissantes – Telquel
- Actualité professionnelle
- Avocats d’affaires : 3 marocains dans le Top 15 Africain
- Kettani Law Firm Global Awards Aviation
- Kettani Law Firm Global Awards M&A
- Jeune Afrique
Azzedine Kettani is also the founder of Azzedine Kettani Foundation, which is mainly dedicated to promoting legal culture and research in legal fields by:
- Organizing and supporting cultural events such as seminars conferences or other seminars in faculties or any other place in Morocco or abroad;
- Awarding scholarships to support the most deserving students in the pursuit of their legal studies;
- Collaborating and supporting any organization or association that within its faculties works through its actions to provide students with a better environment;
- Contributing to the development of research within any faculty, institute, jurisdiction or elsewhere by setting up libraries in any form, including virtual ones, or by developing existing libraries;
- Creating a library which will be open to students free of charge;
- Promoting social and humanitarian action in all its forms and by all means for the benefit of the needy, collaborate with and support the humanitarian organizations working in this direction.
Some of the foundation achievements include the following:
- Publication of a book on the Centenary Records of the Dahir des Obligations et Contrats (DOC)
- Publication of a book gathering all the arbitral jurisprudence
- “Prize of the Foundation AZZEDINE KETTANI for the promotion of legal culture”, awarded to several doctoral theses students.