- May 14, 2018
- Posted by: adm
- Category: AmCham News
Azzedine Kettani, AmCham President led a door knock delegation of 10 companies to the U.S.A. from April 15th-20th The door knock is an annual tradition organized by AmChams worldwide in coordination and with the help of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington, D.C. (USCC).
AmCham Morocco 2018 Door Knock mission main objectives are as follows:
1. Advocate on behalf of U.S. Companies based in Morocco:
• Main Business Challenges to address to boost U.S. – Morocco business relations
• Present needs for U.S. government support and technical assistance
2. Showcase Morocco’s Investment and Export Potential:
• Present Success stories of U.S. Investment in Morocco
• Promote Morocco as the Gateway to Africa
3. Networking for AmCham Members:
• Provide an opportunity to better understand the business development and political infrastructure in the U.S.
• Provide network contacts to pursue partnerships with U.S. companies through the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington, D.C.
The delegation met with the following agencies:
• U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington in D.C. (USCC)
• Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE)
• Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC)
• United States Trade Representative office (USTR)
• Commercial Law Development Program (CLDP)
• U.S. Department of State
• U.S. Department of Commerce
• Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC).
• Export-Import Bank of the United States (Exim bank)
The delegation also attended some side events including:
• A lunch and a presentation on artificial intelligence at Microsoft Innovation & Policy Center in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday, April 17th.
• A Conference on Morocco Capital Markets which took place at Citi Executive Conference Center in New York on Wednesday, April 18th.
• The U.S.-Morocco Trade Forum which took place at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington , D.C. on Thursday, April 19th.
On April 19th, Azzedine Kettani and Rabia El Alama met with the house foreign affairs committee and the senate foreign relations committee.
2018 Door knock Priorities & Messaging were as follow:
• Support increased bilateral dialogue and engagement between the U.S. and Morocco that is focused on trade, investment and cultural understanding.
• Promote Morocco as an anchor for American economic interests in Africa.
• Facilitate the Visa process for Moroccan businessmen.
• Maintain awareness of the need to eliminate obstacles to trade and investment.
• Encourage OPIC and Exim bank to sustain trade and investment in Morocco.
• Increase technical trainings and capacity building by CLDP, USAID and MCC.
• Increase tourism and U.S. students exchanges.
• Encourage Moroccan students’ enrollment in U.S. universities
• Promote women in business.
Rabia El Alama moderated a panel on digital economy and financial services in attendance of the CEO of Casablanca Finance City, the CEO of Casablanca Stock Exchange, IBM Vice President, Citi Vice President.
List of AmCham Door Knock delegation
Advantix Digital is a leading Digital Marketing Agency based in Dallas Forth Worth, Texas.
Advantix core activity includes SEO, paid search, social media marketing, creative services, marketing automation, online reputation management, conversion & analytics, Hispanic marketing. Advantix is 5 time Google All-Star & Inc 5000 recipient.
Ameroc Export is an international trade company, established in Chicago, Illinois to provide U.S. manufacturers and suppliers all the services they need to export their products from the United States to countries all around the world including Morocco. The company handles details such as sourcing of products, guiding shipments, quality inspection, document preparation and all other aspects of import/export process. Ameroc Export core activity include Industrial tires, automotive lubricants, Weather tech, etc
Les Laboratoires Azbane: For more than four decades, “Azbane” has dedicated its energy and expertise to a single industry: the well being. Azbane has been a leader in the production of personal care and hotel guest amenities, and became by its excellencies and quality services the largest Moroccan family run business in the industry. The headquarters is located in Morocco with offices in Europe and the United States. The laboratory currently embraces more than four hundred team members housed in over 30,000 sq ft state of the art lab and production space
Capital Experts is an accounting and advisory firm based in Casablanca and New York which offers an array of services including bookkeeping, financial reporting (IFRS, USGAAP), Tax preparation & planning, international advisory services, financial ERPs Implementation (SAP FICO, SAGE), auditing and bankruptcy assistance.
Diana Holding is a major player in the agri-food industry, the Diana Holding Group has consolidated and expanded its presence in Morocco for more than 50 years. Driven by the love of the land, which continues to inspire the Group’s values , Diana Holding has diversified its agricultural and food business, laying the foundations for a fully integrated and ever-evolving Group. In addition, Diana Holding has embarked on a major investment program and diversification of its activities, both nationally and internationally. Diana Holding has invested in cannery, packaging, soft drinks, entertainment, distribution and counselling. Diana holding is also a Citizen Group concerned by the Corporate Social Responsibility and local communities’ development.
Kettani Law Firm (KLF) is a major Moroccan business law firm founded in 1971. KLF currently has over 120 employees, of which 50 are attorneys and legal consultants.
The firm’s clientele includes local and foreign banks and other financial institutions, international businesses, major public and private companies and government departments.
Areas of particular expertise include stock exchange law, aviation law, telecommunications regulations, energy, tourism, labor law, intellectual property, audits and IPOs as well as privatization processes.
Additionally, the firm has a great deal of experience in arbitration and litigation as well as handling all forms of commercial disputes.
Procter & Gamble is a multinational manufacturer of product ranges including personal care, household cleaning, laundry detergents, prescription drugs and disposable nappies. P&G North West Africa is one of the first subsidiaries of P&G to open outside of the US territory. It was brought to life in 1958 and began operations with the launch of TIDE Brand and shortly after by the construction of its first plant located in Casablanca. In 1974, we initiated the local production of several brands, growing the Portfolio in the Paper, Beauty, Grooming, Fabric and Home-care. In 2003, P&G North West Africa Hub was created to manage both Morocco and Algeria, which are two pillars of North West Africa Region. After almost 60 years of existence, Procter & Gamble North West Africa strives every day to improve consumer’s lives, providing them with innovative and high quality products to answer their most specific needs. We will write a brighter future for generations to come.
Rymasof is a consulting firm based in Rabat, Morocco and Milan, Italy. It supports its clients and partners in the design, implementation and control of their projects in order to find the appropriate solutions to ensure their evolution and success. Pragmatic, reactive and operational, our teams know how to integrate quickly into the most complex environments. We are part of a collaborative approach that alleviates burdens and facilitates the transfer of skills. This state of mind also favors the appropriation of implemented solutions and the sharing of a result culture with our clients.
Sevenseas is a global maritime services group specializing in the provision of general ship supplies, stores, spare parts and leading technical maritime brands through its extensive network of more than 600 ports. Over four decades, Seven Seas has strived to be a trusted partner to our customers. Founded in 1971, Sevenseas operates in 18 countries throughout Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, Europe and the Americas, with a global network of 1000 professionals focused on delivering exceptional customer service that “Keeps you sailing”